Friday, January 27, 2006

Synthesize

That will be my word for the rest of the quarter. Our brand-new prof thinks we don't synthesize at all, or that we don't know how to. I may not always synthesize at maximum potential, but if given the right environment (Piaget) and mentor (Vygotsky), I can do it b/c it's within me (biological determinism/Skinner)!

I'm back at work, today, wondering when will be my last day here. 5 more sick days to use! Today, my 401(k) got matched, which is one more thing I can cross off my list of "things to do before I quit work." I crossed off doing the YMCA annual stair climb (75 flights) I think last year...as in I said, forget about doing it.

This week of school was another tough one full of late nights. After school on Wednesday, I was up until 6 AM yesterday working on a paper and prepping for my Big, Small Potato. I got about 3 hours worth of sleep. Definitely not enough. You know you're tired when spelling simple words looks really funny to you. Yesterday, I wrote "want," and I stared at it, thinking it sure looked weird; did I spell it right?

Today, Stripes walked by asking if I wanted Sbux. I always want to scream, um-yeah! whenever anybody asks out of courtesy, but I never do. He asked: do you drink coffee? Uh, is he kidding? I am one bad caffeine-fiending mofo! Instead, I said, I drink WAY too much coffee. He said, he has TWO 4-shot lattes a day. That's insane!!! I thought I was bad. I have moments of when I really want/need some quadruple venti non-fat whatevers w/ XC, especially yesterday when I spent half the night and most of the day prepping and stressing over Big, Small Potato sucking up all my NRG.

That little chat also made me wonder -- Am I totally sedated even when I've had my double latte? Perhaps. That's in comparison to that partner, who bounces off the walls whenever he has an informal conference with the partner I work for (who has a decaf or split grande percent mocha). The partner I work for is a real sweetheart...and I can't believe she can work the way she does just on decaf or split mochas.

Re: Big, Small Potato sucking up all my NRG -- Thank God he didn't blow snot out his nose this snot session. I think he was bored w/ me, too, so I gotta think about my tx approach and what activities will suit him best. I wonder how he'd do w/ a 50-piece puzzle.

I best go synthesize...

No comments: