Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy 2006!

NYE was a blast!

We went to Ole Tapas Bar in Studio City to support friend/DJ Cornbeef and Brian McGuire. Officially met "hobo-chic" Brian, although I'm sure if I hadn't heard his name 100+ times in my past-life's underground scene, I wouldn't've remembered. I couldn't even remember Ariel's GF's name, who I was talking to for like 2 hrs or so. Not b/c I was plastered, but b/c I'm terrible with names. Besides, I was DD so I couldn't get my party on. "You drink, you drive, you lose." That's the message that was on every Amber Alert Board we passed.

Genevieve and I didn't have the most sophisticated conversation. We sat there and laughed (she laughed on the inside, I straight up guffawed out loud) about how white people really can't dance. Since Genevieve was keen on *noticing* everybody, I'm sure she noticed that instead of wearing heels, I had my comfy, totally not cute nor trendy, tennies on. Tacky, I know, but in my defense, I thought it was gonna be a darker bar/club, and that we really were leaving at 10:30 to go to my bro's where we take our shoes off, anyways. Note to self for NYE 2006, wear heels if we go out.

We stayed at Ole for the countdown and I was supposedly drinking Cristal like the 1990s rappers, but me and Genevieve doubted the bar would really pour that. It ain't no Dom P, but it does sound kinda Valley pimp: Yo, I had Cristal for the countdown! They say, whatever you're doing NYE midnight is what you'll do for the rest of the new year. Guess I'll be in a semi-drunken haze. JK I really wasn't hazy nor drunk. (You drink, you drive, you lose.) We ended up staying 'til the end to help CB take his stuff down. Brian almost killed me w/ a speaker, that 6 foot mofo. That woulda been a terrible way to start '06 -- w/ a TBI. =P

Our last stop was my bro's place to wind down for the evening. He had a more mellow party going on, that included wine tasting, desserts, and cheese. Very sophisticated and 28 y/o ish. :)

Happy New Year! (Uh, my New Year's Resolutions will remain confidential for now.)

No comments: