Friday, January 13, 2006

Happy birthday to my bestest bro!

Happy (belated) birthday to Guh! He's the bestest bro ever. :) Always has been and always will be.

For a while now, I've been teasing and secretly detesting my bro for looking younger than me. Seriously, people are always asking if he's younger than me!! Well, this past week was the first time I ever heard him acknowledge that he's getting old! =O
To me, this is the equivalent of realizing the parental-child inversion -- you have become your parents' parents and your parents have become your children. Or similarly, you realize your parents aren't the invincible superheroes that they once were. Actually, I realized that about my dad years ago, so I pretty much LOL and felt bad for my prior roomie when she just realized that about her dad a few weeks ago.

Dude, I've been feeling old ever since I turned 23. Seriously, at 22, I felt young and alive. 23 hit and I felt old. Past 25, I lost count. Kinda like how I can never remember what year I graduated from HS. I have to first calculate, I graduated from SD in Dec 2000. Subtract 3 years. Oh yeah! I graduated HS in 1997! Good grief. Too much mental work.

In any case, yesterday I went through the same routine as Tuesday. I stressed for hours for my clinic session and then conducted it in a perpetual, heightened state of anxiety, panic, and stress, and then rushed to class afterwards. In class, I simply could NOT focus. It was as if I needed a debriefing in between clinic and lecture. The worse part is that Dr. F is going through these 2 very dense research articles, and I felt like I kept asking dumb questions that were like a lecture behind -- wait, so did they just assume they should test those phonemes? Well, as basic as my questions were, at least I wasn't the only one who didn't know. Therefore, they were not stupid questions. :) Yes, I am a firm believer that there are such things as stupid questions.

After class, I rushed homed to pick BF up -- even though he said he'd drive -- and we went to Lucille's in Torrance, for Guh's b-day dinner. That was yummy and especially nice b/c in the end, it was compliments of Food Network! (As was his big b-day lunch) I don't think MTV even spent that much on Guh's going-away party, so hip-hip-hooray for Food Network! Taste Life! :)
I hope he gets the Director position that he's going for. I just think he's really good at what he does, really great with people, and he's got the personality and character. Today, I even got to participate in a faux "bring your child to work day" -- me being the child -- and watch my bro at work for about 2.5 hours. I even got a very yummy lunch from Callendar's in between.

Random: the AE was funny -- she was sitting on one of those gym balls as a chair. Does that help w/ anything at all?

I hope when I return to work on Tuesday, I'll be giving my 2-weeks notice rather than them telling me they're firing me. Actually, that wouldn't be so bad if they fired me. Then I'd be set up for the rest of the year!

1 comment:

Jacqueline A. Whole said...

Your brother is definitely very cool, but my big brother can beat up your big brother!!! :-p