Monday, January 23, 2006

Diagnostics Midterm

Today, we took a midterm that essentially served as a Diagnostics Test, although the Prof didn't come out and say it. It reminds me of those Diagnostics Tests in our junior high grammar textbooks, that assessed what we knew before the teacher taught us the next chapter. Only, those weren't graded and those 10-item tests did NOT constitute 1/3 of our class grade. It wouldn't be such a big deal if we all knew the material she was "gauging whether [we] knew," but considering that we may be asked to leave this program if we get less than a B (in any class), having a brand-spankin-new Prof is a curveball we would have loved to avoid.

Today, we took a midterm that 1/2 "tested what [we] knew "-- material that was not based on her lectures nor $90 textbook. Very frustrating, but I won't say too much just yet, until I see my grade. For now, all my colleagues are saying a lot to the Department Chair. I'll save my soapbox moment for a real doozy. Mr. Dept Chair does not like to be bothered at all. Plus, I think he's still mad at me b/c I'm still working.

After the midterm, I went to Ralphs to stock up on some semi-comfort food/semi-reward/reinforcement for myself. I bought 4 cartons of Breyer's ice-cream!!! I believe this is the 2nd time in my life that I've bought 4 cartons at once. If not, then this is a first. I had to stop myself from buying 5 cartons, actually...I can't help it. I love ice-cream, too much. And Breyer's 2 for $5!! That's a steal!



If I were 5 years younger, I'd have ice-cream for breakfast tomorrow. And if I didn't have to be in downtown by 6:40 AM. In a couple years, I'll wonder why in the world would I ever be at work before 7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummm...ice cream....

what happened to mofo?!?