Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Barely Any Time for the Kids

I can't remember the last time I had a ridonkulously busy week like this. I went home over the weekend and spent some alone time with Gramma, thinking I'd get tons of homework done since Gramma and I don't talk all that much. It was cool (and funny) to realize that Gramma actually talks to me a lot! I didn't get my text reading done b/c Gramma kept commenting and conversing with me! :)

I know it's bad when I wake up on a Tuesday morning all disoriented. I actually experienced two 'levels' of disorientation. First, it takes me a few seconds to realize that the alarm went off at 6 AM for a reason, not because I forgot to turn it off for the weekend. Secondly, it's even worse when I actually think it's a Friday morning! (Wishful thinking!)

Rewind:
On Sunday night, I stayed up until 1 AM reading my textbook. On Monday, I attended a training from 8 - 12:30, got to work by 1 and tested kids until the end of the day. I stayed up until 1 AM again to create 3 Excel graphs to turn in the next day for Big Kid School.

On Tuesday, I saw CV and DA, which was a riot as usual. I told them that I might actually call them in on Thursday again to 1) make-up therapy and 2) have my administrator observe me. DA was such a punk -- he threatened to sabotage the session by telling my admin that I starve them! (Humph! That is not my problem! Besides, I actually share my fruit with those crazy kids from time to time!) The sad thing was that CV said he might move to Colorado next year! I also saw my lisper, who I have great conversations with. I was also pleased to hear that he seemed to have improved since the last time I saw him! He asked if I would continue working at this school next year. I said, I hope so. When I explained how/why I may not be there next year, he got all sad and said, "I hope you don't leave!" I tested another kid and then rushed off to a 2-hour training on writing goals. Afterwards, I rushed to Big Kid School which ended at 9 PM. I worked on two more graphs from 10...until 3 AM.

I seriously didn't think I'd make it through this day. I thought I had an IEP at 8:15, but the mother didn't show up so I saw J320 without prior prep. He was a little feisty as we haven't had regular 'dates' for sometime (with the holidays, trainings, and meetings). Afterwards, I went to a lengthy IEP that carried onto the next period so the teacher asked me to take over and end it. Secretly, I am flattered that the psych and teacher sometimes ask me to begin or end an IEP; they actually trust me to not act a fewl with our kiddos' parents! That rolled into a triennial for my "programmed" boy. Shortly after, I left for my BCBA supervision that began at 1:30...Thankfully, the final class for this course ended early at 7:15. I even got home in time to watch America's Next Top Model! :)

I should totally be in bed right now, but I need to finish a social story for N320 (entitled "Keeping Hands to Myself"). I have another IEP tomorrow at 8:30 and then my administrator is observing me at 9:30 with N320 and possibly M320 (piece of cake!).

Friday is an all-day training...that I know I will struggle staying awake. It's only Wednesday and it's been a ridonkulously long week!

On the other hand, I completed my first BCBA class! Woo-hoo! :D

No comments: