Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I am so going to get fired!

I got a text message this morning from my bro that said, "OMG! Heath Ledger died today."

Since I haven't been religiously reading my celebrity blogs, I couldn't remember who Heath Ledger was. The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't recall a face or movie. So of course I Googled him while at work (at a public school, mind you). Being a loyal Wikipedia reader, I clicked on the Wikipedia link that came up in the search.

So the page loads up and suddenly, there is a huge picture of a schlong on my screen! I completely freaked out (can't remember if I screamed), closed the window, erased my viewing history, left a frantic VM on my bro's phone, and then sat there with my heart pounding, waiting for technology or an administrator to call me and terminate me.

My bro called me back and in his classic carefree manner said, "Oh, don't worry. If anyone asks, just blame it on [Grad School Assistant]."

Too bad she is only with me on Mondays and Fridays and not Tuesdays!!

I am still mortified. Thankfully, my door was closed, and I was alone.

P.S. May Heath Ledger rest in peace...

No comments: