Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bro's 31st Birthday

Yesterday, my bro celebrated his birthday with several close friends. Funny because I recall my brother saying last year that he wanted FBIL to plan a huge event, like a mini-trip with a bunch of people. But as his day drew nearer, what he wanted most was a chill evening with his closest friends.

We started off with Korean BBQ at Cham Sut Gol (a.k.a. The Cave). It was kind of a mini-China-Trip reunion, since most of us haven't seen each other since August. (My, how time flies) BSILF and Hubby came, too, which we were all excited about! :) After several platters of meat (Mommy would be so disappointed in us!), we had delicious birthday cake from JJ's bakery. Afterwards, we promptly left for our karaoke reservation at Rosen.

We got to Rosen around 7:30 and got right down to business. BSILF asked if I was going to sing and I told her honestly, "Only if my bro makes me...which I'm sure he will." Sure enough, he did...but it was fun and nice. The first song we sang together was Mr. Big's "To Be With You." I was thrilled! I haven't heard nor thought of that song in at least a decade! We didn't score 100, but we sure sang our hearts out. ;) We were definitely not leaving until somebody scored 100...and the dynamic dual that won it all was none other than BSILF and FBIL with Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach."
The funny thing is that we were all home pretty much by 10 or 10:30, yet I know I felt like I had a full night out! Man, I just can't hang like I used to. Heck, I haven't been able to hang like when I was 21, since I was 21!

It was really a fun night and most importantly, my brother had a blast.

3 comments:

Mark Reisch said...

That was a fun time thanks for the invite! We had a great time. Happy Birthday B!

Anonymous said...

We had a total blast! We felt so hip hanging out with everyone! It was great to celebrate your excellent brother with you! Thanks for including us!

Chanel said...

Thank you both for coming out! We were all so happy that you guys joined us! Happy belated, Mark! :)