Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring Forward, Fall Back

On Thursday, I had a conversation about Daylight Savings with one kiddo. This kiddo holds a special place in my heart for many, many reasons that I cannot disclose.

Anywho, I told him that something called Daylight Savings happens this weekend and that we basically need to turn our clocks one hour ahead. He smugly said, "Well, we don't." I explained that
everyone has to turn their clocks forward one hour. He insisted, "No, we don't. Not in our house. My mom's not going to." I kinda gave up b/c I figured, the small potatoe's little and what difference would it make for him when he's asleep and his mom changes all the clocks and he wakes up at 8AM? It's not like he's an adult that will lament about losing an hour of sleep -- or an hour studying for finals. =P

This morning, BF woke up and called his homie up. I overheard him lamenting about how this Daylight Savings thing is really throwing him off. I wondered, wth is he talking about? When he got off the phone, he directed to me, "Dang, hunny, this Daylight Savings is really [messing] me up!" I said, "hunny, what are you talking about? The time change happens tonight; it didn't happen last night." Dude, hasn't Daylight Savings ending/beginning always taken place between Sat and Sun? LOL

The only explanation I could think of is that he was thrown off b/c I was home yesterday (Friday) so he must've thought yesterday was Saturday and the time change took place last night. That is called, giving him the benefit of the doubt. ;) Thank goodness it takes place before he begins his new job; otherwise, he'd really be in a doozy.

Back to the grind.

1 comment:

Mark Reisch said...

Yikes you better straighten that boy out LOL

But it's soooo awesome that it is more light out later in the evening.