Saturday, March 24, 2007

The End of Student Teaching

I can't believe it's over!

The past 11 weeks of student teaching have been really bitter-sweet (more sweet than bitter). Even now as I write, I'm having a difficult time composing my thoughts and putting my feelings into words. I've learned soOOoOOOoo much from this experience with the students and both Master Clinicians. (It also makes me wonder how on Earth I ever provided 50 minutes of 1:1 tx!)

To celebrate my leaving for graduate school or "school after college," I brought cookies and lollipops for the students at Site 2. My million dollar question of the day for the older students was, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" The part that made me feel old is when I volunteered to go first: Since I am already grown up, I am a speech-language therapist. What do you want to be when you grow up ["old" like me]? One girl truly felt like 30 was old (when I told her how old my bro is)...but then I thought, "their parents are prolly ~30." Anywho, I got a few typical responses, but the one that I got the most of was....(drum roll)...the person that loads the luggage onto an airplane! Twice! :)

During lunch, we joined the SDC teacher's b-day pizza party. I was kinda bummed that the sweetest SDC student wasn't there (and I didn't get to say good-bye to him). The sweetest thing is that the Teacher's Pet presented to me a book of drawings and good-bye notes that almost all of the speech students contributed to. I was soOOOoOOOOo touched! Apparently, the other SLP and MC2 coordinated to let the students do an "art activity." Since many of the students kept asking if I had received their card, it wasn't exactly a surprise. However, the actual product was such a surprise. The messages and drawings were so sweet and cute. Some were really funny. I got 2 pixs of Afroman (from 2 brothers). I was just sad that I didn't get to thank more than half of my students for their note, because I didn't know about it until I only had 2 sessions left!

Scary to think that I may want to work with K-8...!

No comments: