Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Night Fun

BSILF and I finally got hip to the dating scene! ("Finally" as in we "finally" have the time to.)

After student teaching, I picked BSILF up to begin our date. Our first stop was the Coffee Bean in West L.A., where BSILF treated me to a very delicious Blended White Chocolate Dream. There, we reminisced about how we met ("we met over the internet!" BSILF insightfully pointed out), talked a whole lot of shop (i.e., exchanged crazy stories just from the day, let alone 10 weeks worth), and talked about our future. The scary thing is that the "interview" question is no longer, "where do you see yourself in 5 (or 10) years?" The question is now, where do you see yourself in 6-12 months?

Next, our date moved to Chez C & C, where BF and Lil F were waiting for us and BSILF's hubby. I worked hard at pursuading BSILF to get 1 (or 2 turtles since they come in pairs these days). Apparently, a few nights before, I had unintentionally dissuaded her when I outlined Lil F's 3-hour tank clean-up (sidebar: Lil F also got a sulfa bath; she has to look good for her guests/fans). What can I say? We have a celebrity in the house. BF and I tag-teamed, which is funny b/c he pretends that the turtle is such a hassle, but really? She is very loved by the both of us.

When BSILFH came over, we headed off to the bowling alley down the street and played a few games. It was soOOooOOOo much fun! I realized how much I have missed bowling. It was also great to bowl with BSILF, the universal cheerleader (no matter what event, sport, or news, she is the most enthusiastic cheerleader). BSILF was exceptionally good at hitting the 9 & 10 pin. ;) BSILFH was really good! He wasn't kidding when he had asked me if I was ready to bowl. Apparently, I wasn't b/c BF kept coaching (i.e., "suitcase!")...even though our real coach, FBM, tells him not to coach me and that I should just ignore him when he does. LOL However, his tips were actually helpful. :)

Afterwards, we headed over to Islands at the Promenade. I am not a huge burger fan, but I certainly can't pass up an In-N-Out burger or an Islands burger. We really enjoyed dinner and the company! BSILF & I talked about SLP stuff while the boys talked about 1) how much they know about SLP stuff b/c of us, 2) how it has been a loOOoooong road watching their S.O. go through this program, and 3) graphic & motion art stuff. At the end of dinner, BSILFH went CIA and excused himself to pick up the tab. That was so thoughtful!


The night ended late, but all in all, our double date was a smashing success! It is great to be on "vacation"! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had seriously the BEST time with you guys Friday night! We can't wait to hang out with you again! When is the next date?

BTW, Lil F did seem exceptionally clean! It must be from taking her shell off to clean it! :)

Thanks for the fun! Love, BSILF

Chanel said...

She also turtle waxed it for you! :)

Thank you both for an awesome night, too!