Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The beginning and the end of more chapters

Yesterday was BF's first day of work at 2HM! I was sad that I didn't get to send him off, but I had to leave at my usual time to begin the last week of my public school externship. I think he had a nice faux send-off, though, considering BSILF & BSILFH gave him a thoughtful card.

So, on non-special days, BF likes an occasional Sara Lee frozen strawberry cheesecake. But yesterday was a very special day so to welcome him home from his first day of 10-7, I got him a 7" Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. He was quite happy about it. :)

As for me, today was my last day with MC1. It's weird because I haven't given it much thought. Even throughout the day, we didn't really talk about it being my last day. However, during the last half hour of tx (when the last group didn't show up), we chatted and chatted. She really cracked me up b/c a few weeks ago, she said that one day, we'd have to chat about make-up (i.e., what I use). So she felt it was appropriate to chat about it, since it was my last day. LOL It was nice to chat like two grown women vs. 2 SLPs like all the other days. ;)

At the end, I gave her a thick pad of star-shaped Post-it notes, a See's 1 lb. GC, and a Sbux GC. Bright colored Post-its have been our thing this quarter, but I thought the star-shaped ones were really cute. MC1 was quite excited about the See's GC. She didn't know about the Sbux GC b/c it was in the sappy card I wrote to her. She asked if she could read it, and I asked her to wait b/c I get so sappy in my cards and then I get really embarrassed when people read it in front of me. Why am I so weird like that?

Lastly, I also gave her a card to give/read to her students. I didn't tell them I was leaving. I guess it makes it easier on me since I always have separation anxiety. However, I think Thurs/Fri farewell will be different since I've been telling them that this week is my last week, and I even bought cookies for them. Hope I don't cry all throughout the end of the week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it almost to the end - in less than 17 hours you will be completely done with Student Teaching Externship!

You write very wonderful cards, they are awesome. In fact, I treasure, treasure, treasure my cards from you!

Congrats!