Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Second Resurrection: Another Lazarus Update

Wow, Lazarus and Lil F are really vying for attention on my blog! I may have to create a label for Lazarus.

Yesterday, my bro went to Ama's without me. I called him to ask a few questions and after I gave him a whirlwind ketchup and unpragmatically ended with "The End," he said in a serious tone, "So Daddy called last night." I have to admit, I got a little nervous. Judging from my bro's tone, I thought I was about to get an earful. This was the convo that took place last night when my Dad called Ama's:
D: Mom, what's Ben doing?
A: Oh, he's just reading.
D: Okay, lemme talk to him.
B: Hello?
D: Ben, what are you doing?
B: Just reading.
D: Ben, I think my betta is blind. I've been trying to feed it, but it won't eat. I think it can't see its food so it's not eating. What should I do?
Dude, I was LMAO when my bro told me that convo (and relieved that I wasn't getting in trouble for anything).

Then, just a few minutes ago, I got the "what are you doing" phone call from Dad.
Dad in a serious tone: Hey, what are you doing?
Me: Studying. What's going on, Dad?
D: So, you know my fish? I thought it had died (again). I gave it food, but I think it's blind b/c it's not eating. So I thought it had died b/c it hadn't eaten b/c it can't see. So, again, I crushed up some Move-Free and other vitamins and dropped it in his bowl last night. This morning, I woke up and checked on him and now he's all "energy" and moving around again. It's like a miracle, huh!
Me: (Stifling laughter) Yes, Dad, [Lazarus] is truly a miracle.

I LOVE getting "what are you doing" phone calls from Dad. :) In fact, I hope Berkeley cousin (a.k.a. Future M.D. Cousin) gets a "what are you doing" phone call from her uncle. Somehow, she was special enough to get a crazy "Pet Star: The Smart Pig" forward from my dad, sent only to my bro, her, and me.



P.S. I think my dad resurrecting Lazarus twice makes up for the 10 bettas that died in my care...=X

No comments: