Monday, March 05, 2007

Red Letter Monday

Today is what BSILF would call a Red Letter Day.

The first bit of good news came last night, when MC1 left me a VM saying she's calling in sick today and that I could have the day off to study for "whatever big ol' exams" I have. They aren't just big, they are ginormous exams. Well, at least the Praxis. So I've tried to study, but as usual, it is a sloooow process.

The bigger good news is that the BF sealed a full-time employment contract! He has been a one-man company for over 2 years now. Since he left his last corporate gig, he has worked hard at establishing himself and his career. In the process, he has also steadily freelanced for two studios with substantial qualifications. Both studios and other clients have offered the BF F/T positions, but BF has continued to hold out. That's why I was quite surprised when he unexpectedly went for two interviews last week.

(Fast forward past interview and counter-offer details...)
Drum roll.....

In two weeks, he will begin working as an Art Director at HHM! I am extremely proud of him and obviously very excited for him. It sounds like a fabulous move for him. He will have total creative control and an assistant to do production work. He will also have the opportunities to dabble in motion graphics and a bunch of other good stuff that I can't wrap my head around. Most of all, I think he is completely hyped b/c the office is 2 miles away!

Our routines will once again be switched up, but that's quite alright. I think the only one that will mind the routine switch-up is Lil F. She is so used to the BF being home all day and night. I am working on the BF to spend his first paycheck on getting our turtle a yellow-bellied playmate. He wants a good reason why and I've given him at least 5, but he has accepted none. This is proving to be more challenging than I thought.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is totally, completely and utterly a red letter day! Congrats to you on the day off and super congrats to BF on the new full-time awesome sounding gig! We are super happy and excited for you both!

Post the five reasons you have given so far for the playmate and I will start adding to the list. I am a really good justifier, so may be just the assistance you need! :)

Congrats and YAY!!!

Mark Reisch said...

Way to go!!!! congrats I hope they treat you right!

Now remember you shouldn't show up for work in your pajamas (though sometimes I've come close. Does a bathing suit count? LOL)

Good luck!

Chanel said...

Thanks you two! :)

X-t-n may forget to dress up for work. After all, the past 2 years have been Pajama Day at work for him. ;)

Uh, don't tell him I said that. LOL

Mark Reisch said...

Funny, but I can totally relate LOL

you can tell him I said that =)