Monday, April 09, 2007

Wo Men Yao Chi China!

It's final! We're going to China in August!

A little background:
My bro and FBIL have done some extensive traveling in the past. He often encourages me to travel (abroad), but the old-skool Asian in me always felt like I should stay "home," work, and save up. Last year, my bro started planning a big trip to China. He has tried his best to schedule a trip that would accommodate everyone's schedule. Talk about hectic. Finally, he found the winning dates a few days ago.

Then there's my dad. He LOVES China and has talked about bringing me for years now. Probably since my college days. I've missed out on a number of opportunities to go with him b/c of school. I have to admit, I wasn't too hip to the idea of going with Dad b/c I want to do all the touristy stuff; he's not really the touristy type. I'd love to go with him in the future, though.

Come to think of it, my trip has been long overdue. When I was in college, my granduncle gave me an early graduation gift -- flight money to China. The old-skool Asian in me did two things when I finished school: 1) went straight into work and 2) took that money and paid off some of my school loans.

Finally, I'm doing what I was supposed to do 7 years ago!

Sometimes I feel like this whole grad school experience is me reliving my college days, but with a heckuvalot more direction. I'm studying what I am truly passionate about. I am actually participating in my own graduation ceremony (I totally regret not walking in undergrad). Lastly, I am going on a big "graduation" trip with my best friends!!

As if I wasn't excited enough about going with best friends BF, Bro, and FBIL, BSILF and hubby RSVP'd this AM, too!! I can't believe that this is actually happening!

BFF BSILF put it best when she left me a VM that went something along the lines of, "I'm so excited! I feel like we're in HS and we're going on the big senior class trip." For reals, that's how I feel, too. :) (Senior class trip to Yosemite ruled, man.)

This is gonna be an awesome "extended family" trip! LOL :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is seriously the opportunity of a lifetime to do this with you! I still cannot believe it! I am so excited-I am never going to sleep tonight! It is going to be the absolute best! I can't believe we are all going together! Thank you wonderful, wonderful friend! Words cannot describe my excitement! I love you!

Chanel said...

I feel exactly the same! I've wanted to take a big trip w/ BF, w/ friends, and w/ bro & FBIL... this is the best winning combo! :D I can't wait!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! :)