Saturday, April 28, 2007

Post-Praxis

I haven't felt this relaxed in months! It is finally "Post-Praxis" time!

This AM, BF dropped me off at USC to take the Praxis. It was extremely comforting that almost half of my classmates took it at the same time in the same room (LK, AL, CHK, BSILF, RW, and KC). BSILF even gave me a little prayer to pray and a brand-new "best-eraser-on-Earth" that I totally used for good luck.

I can't say I feel totally confident about "failing" to pass (i.e., getting at least a 60%). The tables kind of turned around question #30. Around #42, I started panicking that I wasn't halfway done yet, and I was reaching the one hour mark. The rest was kind of a blur. I'm just hoping that the really gnarly questions with terms I had never heard of were the "fake" questions. Then again, I was convinced that every other question was a "fake" one...

While we plowed through the fastest 2 hours of testing, BF and BSILFH went bowling nearby as a Pre-Praxis-celebration. Afterwards, BSILF, CHK, LK, and I met them at El Cholo in K-town for our first official Post-Praxis celebration. It was a deliciously fun time! Just sitting there, listening and chatting w/ my classmates made me realize how much I love (most of) them.

I thought about that some more when I sat down to catch up on e-mails. Over the past few days, I've received a few e-mails from my wonderful classmates, wishing us good vibes and well wishes on taking this exam.

It makes me realize that we are so close to being done...and then we'll all go our separate ways. It is both exciting and sad. What can I say? I always suffer from separation anxiety. On the bright side, I am so happy to have met such wonderful, intelligent, and thoughtful people and am positive that I will stay in touch with many of them.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

As usual, I get really sad/sappy when I am under lots of stress. This week has been no exception to my tear-fests:
  1. I wanted to cry when one of my new PTs cried (for good and sad reasons).
  2. BF's good friend is going through a very unexpected, rough time.
  3. BF's other good friend's brother's wife suddenly had an embolism and was in a coma. Doctors gave her a 10% chance of recovery if she came out of the coma. Today, they layed her to rest. I have never met her but judging by how wonderful I've heard the family is, I am sure she was a wonderful woman, wife, and mother. May she rest in Godly peace and may God bless the family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about the friend's loss, I will say prayers for the family.

Chanel said...

Thank you, BSILF. Your prayers are appreciated.