Tuesday, April 17, 2007

One of those days

Today was one of those mofo'n days. I kept trying to keep my spirits up with "at least" clauses and "it's not that bad" sentiments.

The real reality check was on my drive home. I tuned into a local radio station that replayed last night's recording of a student who was on his way to the classroom at Virginia Tech. He spoke about his good friend being in the classroom. When the cops/SWAT got into the room, they yelled, "anybody who's alive, stand up now!" The good friend was the only one that stood up.

I don't know how to start writing sympathies and sentiments to those who are affected by this tragedy. My sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to them.

***

ADD: I think this tragedy really took a toll on the day. It seems like many people had a dreary day -- not just my patients and me.

1 comment:

Mark Reisch said...

wow...I hadn't heard that story. Thanks for sharing it.

Ugh..That poor kid is going to probably need some serious survivor guilt therapy. I hope they get/take it.