Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Saturday with Dad on the Westside

Today, Dad met Guh and I in Chinatown for some dim sum at ABC seafood restaurant (which didn't meet our expectations). Then Dad and I cruised along to Marina Del Rey. Seriously cruised. Dad drives like 20-25 mph on local streets and through yellow lights! Since I'm very slowly perusing my Traffic School handbook, I found proof that you can indeed get ticketed for driving "too slow" on the freeways.

I just can't win either driving or being a passenger these days. I've become an extremely paranoid driver. Guh's h(0) is that my car is now a half a car bigger so I'm naturally more nervous. Could be. Size was definitely one of the reasons why I liked Tiffany. Speaking of car names, I think I've finally come up with a name for my (not-as) new car - Paloma. As in Paloma Picasso who designs the simplistic Tiffany's collection that I like to don. ;)

Dad and I walked along the jetty, all the way to the end. He was cracking me up by saying hello to every senior folk that passed by. I, on the other hand, said hello to every doggy that trotted past. Dad also daydreamed about having a boat since we passed by at least 50. He also got all excited when a dude caught a ginormous fish.

I had a great, relaxing time with Dad. A little relaxed because now I'm having a difficult time getting into the groove of getting schoolwork done. 8th week, here I slowly come.

No comments: