Wednesday, May 10, 2006

One Pounder

Tonight was my first time in a See's Candies store, choosing my own variety to fill a 1-pound box. I had no idea it'd be so fun! (Sorry, hunny, but it's even more fun than picking a Winchell's dozen donuts!) I had the duty of filling up a box to hand off to my bro to send to Mom for her birthday/Mother's Day. The See's Candies lady was such a sweetheart, too. Before I began picking and choosing like a maniac, she gave me a sample of my choice. Seven indecisive minutes later, I exited truffle and nougat heaven, and she wrapped the box up so nicely and donned a "happy birthday" sticker on the wrapping. Then she gave me another sample of my choice -- and one to take home for my bro! As if that wasn't enough, she gave me -- and my bro -- yet another!

That was heavenly, especially after my long day.

I love See's Candies. I can't wait to choose my own one-pounder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to build my own one pound box...that is so cool...so old school.

Chanel said...

We will have to build a one-pounder together...now that I'm a pro at it. ;) Don't worry, I won't pick anything with almonds...as long as you don't pick anything with coconut please.