Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Paloma's first check-up

Paloma got her first oil change today. What an ordeal, too. My dad was really patient with me (over the phone), but I could imagine him saying: chalk it up as a learning experience. The biggest thing I learned today is that my Picasso prefers the high-end stuff (synthetic oil). Satisfying her sure is pricy!

While waiting at E-Z Lube and resisting running over to Costco for a hot dog, salad, and ice-cream bar, I frolicked across the street to Wells Fargo. I totally cracked up when a motorcyclist rode his bucket up to the ATM machine as if it was a drive-thru! Well, maybe you just have to have the corny sense of humor that I have to find that funny.

What was also funny to me was that somebody tried to commit some fraudulent activity with BF's ATM/debit card. We have no clue how the perpetrator got a hold of his 411, but the story is that the idiot went to Best Buy and went berserk in the electronics section. The moron tried to purchase like a plasma TV, DVD player, etc. Well, each time the card got declined, the stupid guy asked the stupider cashier to knock off the cheapest item...until there was one last remaining (expensive) item. Declined.


At least B of A had the wits to deactivate the card for that type of funny business. (Literally) poor BF didn't have enough to satisfy the crook's hunger for electronics. Haha!


Okay, so I shouldn't laugh so heartily; he's been
extremely supportive of my educational endeavors, as has my Dad and bro. Then again, he sees me/this time period as an "investment," and that he'll get to retire as soon as I graduate (next year). I think he has a better chance at winning the lottery before retiring next year. 13, 26, 6, 8, and 10.

No comments: