Thursday, May 18, 2006

Around these parts

When I go to the gym, I go to work-out (sweat) stretch (sweat) work-out, and listen to my eclectic music mix. The last thing I want is to be bothered b/c I hate when people talk to me while I'm sweating. It's just gross. It's not hot. It's not seksy. Nothing to see here, folks, just keep moving. That's why I love the Santa Monica location. Hate the K-town one.

I went to the gross K-town one today after my glorious no-brainer temp job, and the staff guy from last time pretended to casually come up to the front desk while I was being checked in. He looked me up and down and attempted another conversation:
You always carry a knife?
I really wasn't in the mood to shoot the breeze so I waited for the scanner guy to give me back my card, and then I turned to him and said with a no-nonsense expression (which doesn't occur very often with me; I must be locked in clinician-mode from yesterday):
Around these parts? Yes.
and walked right past him. I should've given him like 3 diva snaps while I was at it. =P

BTW, what I meant about "these parts" was K-town b/c of my being harassed and mugged, but I hope he interpreted "these parts" as the gym. Now that I don't work in downtown anymore, I only carry my Spyderco when I don't have my pepper spray.

Yo, people, the gym should not be a pick-up scene.

No comments: