Friday, August 29, 2008

Vons

I really don't like going to the Vons just down the street from us. It is the most super-ghetto Vons/supermarket that I know. I only go out of convenience and if I have to quickly pick up an item. Otherwise, I avoid it at all costs b/c I always come home complaining and disappointed. Last time, I bought 3 cartons of ice-cream b/c there was a spectacular sale...I should have had a clue when more than half of the shelves were empty and the cartons were feeling kind of mushy. When I got home like 7 minutes later and opened one up, it was half melted! Gross!

Imagine my giddiness in stopping by today to pick up some lettuce (Lil F hasn't had lettuce for 6 days b/c Momma keeps procrastinating)...and seeing that they've tore up the entire floor! The renovation is FINALLY beginning!! Yayayayayay! It's about time! All the other Vons I've ever been to -- Lawndale, Rancho Cucamonga, Rancho Park, etc. -- were all renovated at least a year ago. It's about time Mar Vista caught up to the times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude - that is very happy news for you! That is like our ghetto Joann's that Mark has forbidden me to enter. Every time I go there I come out steaming mad! Although I did go today and while I was slightly annoyed it was the first time I was actually able to get everything I wanted and one of the employees was actually helpful. Of course the cashier was not and ended things on a sour note, but overall it was the first relatively positive experience I have EVER had there! So cheers to Vons for finally trying to un-ghetto-fy itself and cheers to Joann's for finally being 1/4 decent!