Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kristin!


Happy birthday to one of my bestest friends!

Today, in thinking about Kristin and secretly sending warm birthday wishes, I reminisced about random memories from when we first met. It's gnarly that we've only known each other for almost 3 years, but I feel like we've known each other for longer than that. (After reading her Mortified entries, I totally wish we were in high school together!!) In just 3 years, we've already shared so many great memories and in just one year, I've learned quite a few more random things about her that make me laugh or smile whenever I think of her...

...We went to China together a year ago! I've always wanted to go on a trip with friends and I finally did and it was awesome. :) She loves plain M&Ms and Kit Kats (I love all chocolate!). We both can't clap and sing simultaneously. We prefer e-mail as our main mode of communication (but I win at being the worst with telephone calls). We both order complicated drinks at Starbucks. She is the most organized, efficient, and well-prepared person I know. She introduced me to the very tasty Diet Dr. Pepper. She shared her pregnancy news with me in person! (We don't see each other enough so the fact that she did was overwhelming!) She is my main Pregancy 101 source! She is so reliable, efficient, knowledgeable, and above all, she welcomes my dumb questions. I truly believe that there are such things as a stupid question...but she almost has me believing that there are none in my individualized Pregnancy 101 "online course." She gives the best hugs. Her story about her first date with her husband is one of the best love stories on Earth. We both have turtles. This is the most awesome thing -- she tells me that she loves me.

Those few random thoughts don't capture the essence of our friendship. I was just sitting here thinking only about the past few weeks...and how she has made me laugh and she has made me cry (in a good way) in sooOoOoOoo many more ways than she knows. I am blessed to have a friend that grows another year in wisdom and knowledge but is forever young heart.

Happy birthday, BSILF!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you totally humble me. I am the lucky one to have someone so wonderful in my life who sees me as such a wonderful person. Thank you for such a nice , nice, nice, beautiful post! What would I do without you? You rock beyond words! And I do love you!

Chanel said...

I'm just speaking the truth! You are too awesome beyond words and I cherish every moment we have together! xoxoxo