Thursday, August 28, 2008

Out on the Eastside

Instead of being woke up at 6 AM by my turtle today, BF was the culprit! He stayed up all night to finish a project and came into the bedroom to ask if I wanted anything for breakfast (aww, how sweet). Even in my sleepy state, I'm uber-indecisive so he ended up getting me all three things. Haha! So I had an early breakfast of french toast, hash brown sticks, and coffee from Jack-in-the-Box. The breakfast of champions.

Afterwards, I fell back asleep for about an hour before getting up to prepare for my date with BSILF. For the past week, her doctor has ordered her to monitor her level of activity but since she's been holed up at home, she was more than ready to spend a few hours out. I got to her place around 11 and marvelled at how little Tanga the turtle is, while she got ready. It's funny b/c BSILF and her hubby can't believe how "big" Tanga is when I can't believe how "little" she is...only b/c my Lil Fawker is like 7.5 inches and close to 3 pounds!

We left shortly after for BSILF's workplace to attend her baby shower. It was so much fun (and made me realize that being a hospital SLP doesn't mean you have to work in an intense, no-nonsense/no-laughter environment). Her two co-workers set up 3 games, the first of which I was positive I was going to win something. Of course I was wrong. I won nothing! (I thought I knew my candies by heart!) For the second game, we had to draw a baby by holding the paper on our head. Mine was so bad that it didn't even make the preliminary round. I wasn't much help for the third game either. We had to come up with songs w/ "baby" in the title and I only came up with one ("Babyface").

Afterwards, BSILF opened up her gifts from her friends and co-workers as we all had a delicious slice of carrot cake. Since it was the staffs' lunch break, we didn't hang out too long in the Rehab gym. ;) We went back to the Speech Therapy Staff Room and talked and laughed some more w/ the speechies. BSILF then told them that we had to take off soon. I thought that maybe she was tired and needed to rest, but she was actually being stealthy! She wanted to have lunch with just me. :)

So we headed back to her side of town and cruised up and down Main Street before settling down at an Indian restaurant for a lunch buffet. It was so good! Indian food is such a rare occasion for me since I have a low tolerance of spicy (hot) foods and also b/c BF is severely allergic to certain spices. (Since he had a traumatic experience with Indian curry...where he almost went into anaphylactic shock, he has never liked nor touched Indian food again. Who can blame him?)

Over lunch, BSILF talked and laughed endlessly about near future plans until we were kicked out. Unbeknownst to us, the restaurant had closed! (We're not talking like 9PM; it closed around 3?) We headed back to her place for a little while before I hopped on the 10 to beat traffic.

As always, it was a real treat to hang out with BSILF and laugh nonstop with each other. Lucky for me, I get to see her again next, next Saturday for her other baby shower!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a fabulous time too! It was as usual so much fun to hang out with you! Thank you for being so great!