Monday, August 18, 2008

Mini-UCSD/Roomate Reunion

Tonight, BGF, pre-Dr. Friend, and I met up in Downtown Culver City to have dinner at Tender Greens. BGF came over after a few detours and a stop by a local shop and we hung out for a bit, talking about fun stuff and not-so-fun stuff (I got a personalized 15-minute consulations on how to choose/diversify my 403(b) portfolio).

Around 6 PM, we headed out to dinner...this time, I got both of us lost (don't ask), but we quickly found our way to the restaurant. Mini-review ~ This dive is quite the happening place! I am no longer amazed at how packed a place can be on a weeknight in West L.A. (or weekday at Costco in West L.A.). Maybe it's just the locale, but there are certain areas that are always alive with energy, regardless of it being a Saturday afternoon or Monday night. I ordered a Tuna Nicoise salad b/c I had seen pictures on their website, and it looked really tasty (I don't like sashimi but I do liked seared fish). The vinaigrette was a bit too sour for me but overall, it was delicious.

Pre-Dr. Friend got there around 6:45, and we quickly caught each other up to speed over the happenings since we last met. I can't believe she's already graduating from medical school next May! Mainly for professional reasons, I was very excited to hear that she will be specializing in pediatrics. (In grad school, I had some interest in specializing in the birth-to-3 months population, but for now, my middle schoolers are giving me a good challenge.)

Our time was all too short, but it was wonderful to catch up nonetheless.

P.S. I no longer have reason to feel embarrassed about getting whipped cream on my nonfat sugar-free Starbucks drinks. At Tender Greesn, I saw tons of people having beer with their salads.

No comments: