Monday, February 05, 2007

Parapraxia

Today, I attended another wonderful training about R T I and I sat with a variety of ladies (mostly administrators from many districts). All were very friendly and curious about who I was and where I'm at. At first, I alluded to the neighborhood that I am providing service to. I suppose that didn't satisfy some of their curiosities so one asked me straight out which district I am working in.

Lately, I've been saying, "!ng!e-hoOOOOood!" (a play on how Mac 10 and other rappers rapped back in the days) only to my BF. So when the lady asked me which district I'm at, I said in a normal tone, "!ng!ehood." I didn't realize what I had said until she asked for clarification, "!ng!ewood?" "M-hm."

I can't believe I slipped like that! Thankfully, there was a lot of background noise and both the "h" and "w" are produced in an open-mouth position so it wasn't very obvious.

I am such a dork!

No comments: