Friday, February 16, 2007

Lazarus the Betta

Because future doctor cousin asked, I am providing an update on my dad's betta, who I have christened Lazarus.

Lazarus is doing fine. His/her home has been moved next to the water heater for added warmth (how did my dad know that increasing water temperature helps aquatic species recover?) and appears to be in great health.

I am still laughing about all of this. I don't have the heart to tease my dad about how much he has spent on resurrecting Lazarus. He bought Lazarus from a 99 cent store! And here he is, feeding it all sorts of vitamins and pills. So crazy.

Hm, I'm one to speak. I have spent soOOoOoOOo much on Lil F (and we got her for FREE! Best FREE gift ever!). She just received a shipment that included medicine that costs more than my vitamins. We got her medicine because the other day, we thought she contracted tapeworms from her rosy red minnow rewards. I'm very happy to report that Lil F has been her usual self: wildly begging for food even after she has been fed, still upsetting me by eating her dock, and growing bigger and bigger (she has reached 6 inches and is b/t 1 & 2 pounds). As a Valentine's Day gift, we set up a feeding tank for her. It hasn't worked out so well b/c I need to pick up her first filter from Dad's tomorrow.

That's it on the Westside's version of Animal Rescue 911.

No comments: