Thursday, January 04, 2007

Celebrity Gossip

I totally think that there are so many closet celebrity-gossip-column/blog-readers out there.

When PDF and I discovered that we both read celebrity gossip, we laughed so hard I thought we were gonna get into a car accident. Fortunately, she was driving (she is a far superior driver than me). I'm sure that if I were driving, we would probably not have been as lucky.

I also discovered that my bro is a closet reader, too. What did I do? I didn't confront him. I just added more bookmarks. Ha!

After the Countdown, the Dick Clark show had all those celebrities performing so we watched in a stupid stupor. Linz, the girl of the first couple that arrived for the New Year's countdown at FBM's, also admitted to reading celebrity gossip. Totally rad. Maybe that's why she asked FBM for my number. ;)

Why are we so into such trashy gossip?

I wish I was more into reading current international events and the latest research in SLP. When we got back from Vegas on Friday night, we ran into our baking neighbor, and BF and her had an hour and half-long discussion about politics, war, and history (is that redundant?). I just stood there freezing and had nothing to contribute. How sad is that?

Speaking of her, she baked us delicious oatmeal spice cake, chocolate chip and walnut cookies, and ginger cookies. Not only is she extremely fascinating and sweet, she is such a great baker!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a closet reader too! I read People Online everyday and try to get my hands on the actual magazine as often as possible! Then when there is an article that is not celebrity related, that I want to share with someone I feel all embarrassed to be reading People and not Newsweek.

I think I need some new bookmarks though- wait, on 2nd thought I better wait until June for those!

Chanel said...

Yes! More closet readers coming out! :D
Dang, I forgot about People Online. I'm gonna have to bookmark that, too! Do they write about K-Fed? Thx to Kevin & Bean, I luv reading about the ridiculous things he says.

Anonymous said...

high five!

Dude, I think it's better that we all admit our little obsession and keep it real. My friend was just telling me about this guy (who so far has not impressed me at all) that she has started seeing and how he busted out with an Economist magazine (pssshaw!) he was reading, and i was saying to her how incredibly pretentious that seemed to me. You KNOW he be reading about K-Fed too! Just admit it!! heehee.