Thursday, January 04, 2007

Glen's Double Shot Espresso

I totally took advantage of one of my last "free" days again. I started off by having lunch with T$ in Downtown. We had to be all in cognito about our drive-by lunch pick-up b/c we are both selfish and want to only have a lunch date with each other. Ha! We ended up having Subway at some off location East of Downtown. I'm sure nobody recognized us there.

After lunch, I went to Dentist Aunty's for a check-up. She half cleaned my teeth and then moved onto my future med school cousin. I chatted with her and her sis and then headed off to the bank for my bro. At the bank, I had a total BSILF moment -- why does this stranger feel compelled to get to know me, make off comments like he knows me, and carry on in-depth discussions with me?

Unfortunately, I am not very good at telling the difference b/t somebody being innocently curious and prying. "Who's Ben?" "Why didn't you go to the Brentwood location?" Between the paperwork, he carried on random discussions with me. I much prefer the mindless chats like, "what do you do?" Instead, he wanted to talk about traditions and society. At one point, he commented, "There is even a term for those types of relationship/people -- Alpha Female Beta Male." Every time I was about to cut him off and hurry him up, he excused himself to print or xerox so I thought the process would be over soon. I was juked about 5 times.

The most random part was him wanting to know my opinion on how females in this day and age can pretty much pursue whatever they want (money-making or not), like me studying what I want, whereas males still feel the pressure of pursuing a breadwinning job. I thought about BF and my relationship and made a cheesy, broad comment about how society's changing. I almost felt him challenging me to prove I had half a brain, but figured I needed to save my brain power for real stuff like school.

I told my bro about this guy, and he said I needed to go and hang out with his former assistant so I can learn to be mean and rude to stop people from prying. I think he is telling me I need a coach on how to be mean. My buddy in college took it upon himself to be my coach, but he wasn't very successful. I even journaled about it. Ha!

I stopped by the watch store for my bro and then headed towards school. On my way, I went to CVS and picked up a Starbucks Double Shot Espresso drink. I thought I'd give it a try since I needed a little non alcoholic pick-me-up. When the commercial aired for this drink, I laughed so hard every time I saw it. Then my bro told me how his assistant at that time (not the potential Mean Coach) changed the lyrics from "Glen" to "Ben" and sang it all day long at work to my bro. That made me laugh even harder. So I totally thought about my bro as I drank my double shot.

The double shot held me thru class, but I was disappointed. I like doppios from Starbucks, but it's different b/c I add in cream and Splenda. This drink tasted different and funky every time I took a sip.

Maybe b/c BSILF made me strawberry ice-cream with her new Vitamix blender which I totally scarfed down b/t sips! That ice-cream was delicious!! Thanks, BSILF!

I am finally about to go make my own ice-cream. :) I think BF has been waiting for me to make some. I just need to let the Oreos thaw out a bit. (I like eating frozen Oreos).

No comments: