Sunday, January 21, 2007

Excuses, Excuses -- Another Ketchup

Much to my dismay, I haven't had much time to blog lately. Unfortunately, I'll have to do another ketchup:

January 12
I had my hospital placement interview and to my great relief, it was painless and I left with my pride still in tact. I have to admit that since we began taking dysphagia this quarter, I've been hesitant about working with adults/in the hospital. However, I am placed in the acute rehab unit...hence, many of my concerns and hesitations were allayed. After all, I'm just not that great at simultaneously "thinking on my feet" and "out of the box." In the acute rehab unit, I will still have to use my brain, but there won't be the burden of life-and-death decisions won't be as heavy. Okay, not exactlylife-and-death, but pretty serious decisions. Good thing, b/c I am such an indecisive person. The last thing a patient needs is for me to stand before them, thinking aloud, "Should I give you a VFSS or FEES?"

January 14
Bro had his big Tres-0 b-day gig at the Daily Grill. That was tons of fun, I got to see a few of his friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I also ate about half of the items on the appetizer menu. OoOOOoO, FBIL bought a delicious cake from Angel Maid Bakery. It was definitely heavenly. (I'll post pixs when I get them.) Most importantly, my bro had a great time catching up with friends who came from all over to celebrate his birthday. :)

January 15
MLK Day! (No school day!) I have to admit that I have not given MLK much thought since elementary school, but being placed where I'm at has given me the opportunity to revisit other cultures (and respective holidays) and also think about my own. The Thursday before MLK, I heard the following conversation between one of the kiddos and MC2:
K: Are you going to give us something tomorrow?
MC2: For what?
K: Monday's a holiday. It's MLK Day.
It was kind of funny, but beyond that, I thought about the importance of us respecting each other's ethicities, cultures, and traditions. After the Kiddo left, MC2 scrambled around to prepare something "special" for MLK Day. On Friday, they went over a book on MLK. :) My kids are soOOooOo curious that it's adorable. I am such a novelty b/c they rarely see Asians. Some of them are almost afraid to talk to me. Others keep asking me questions. I like that they are curious and openly ask questions.

Since I had the day off, BF and I visited FBM and BBN. We went bowling in their hood. As usual, we had a blast with BBN. That kid is such a character! Unfortunately, BF and I both caught whatever they had so we've both been under the weather.

I never thought I'd be doing this at home, but yesterday was the first time I used anti-bacterial gel at home! BF's been Lysoling everything, and I've been rubbing my hands with that gel all the live long day b/c we don't have the same symptoms -- and I can't afford to get what he has!

The end.

No comments: