Wednesday, June 28, 2006

First Day of Clinic (again)

I thought I wasn't gonna be able to hack it today b/c I didn't complete my Lesson Plans until about an hour before! To add to my procrastination, I helped my bro prepare for BIL's birthday party yesterday. That was tons of fun with LOTS of good food! I picked up a mocha cake from a Vietnamese bakery on Garvey/San Gabriel and a lemon bundt cake from Costco. (Costco rules!) I had a slight meltdown at the bakery, though. I bought an 8" diameter cake for 17 people, knowing that it wouldn't be enough. Why in the world did I not just buy the strawberry sheet cake that would have been enough? I'm not sure. Subconsciously, I think it's b/c I really wanted the mocha cake. I'm so not a good on-the-spot thinker.

Today went pretty well (in comparison to the previous quarters first days). I got to test out the Psycholinguistic approach to Tx with my first little kid. I botched it up just a little bit so hopefully next time, I'll stick to my guns.

Speaking of guns, I've been working my arms out. :D I hope my minimal muscles come in handy this weekend when I go white water rafting.

My second client admitted she had a hard time saying my name. I don't blame her. For some reason, people have a difficult time hearing my name over the phone. Heck, people still don't hear me when I tell them face-to-face. Much more, Asian adults have an especially challenging time. I told her that my gramma still can't say my name. Instead, she calls me, "Sedo." :)

Maybe I'm the one that isn't articulating my name well. :(

The funny thing is that I spelled my name for her and wrote underneath, "Share Roll," to help her pronounce it. That totally brought me back to the RED days when I had to yell above the 120 dB bass thumping to tell people what my name is. Once I said, "y'know, like you wanna share a roll? But without the 'a'," I'd instantly see a light bulb turn on.

Not that she was into that scene, but she totally articulated my name perfectly after I wrote that out.

No comments: