Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday Boys Harping on My Ride

Today was the first time CV saw me and didn't have a chance to ask me for a ride b/c I beat him to the punch. The Tuesday Boys came to my room and DA, who was holding the Call Slip, walked towards me and said, "I'm not coming to speech any more!" and dramatically ripped the Call Slip in half. I, in my 5'3" glory rose up from my chair and said, "Oh yeah?!?!" Of course we started cracking up. They get a kick out of me rising up to their silly challenges. DA then went to get a drink of water (b/c I have a water fountain by my sink!). CV stood there and I asked, "Hey, you need a ride today?" He totally wasn't expecting it so he couldn't even respond, but of course I quickly said, "just kidding!!" (Hello! I want to keep my job!)

The boys actually did really well today! Both in terms of behavior and language therapy. I was seriously thrilled but trying to contain myself. The majority of my kids LOVE playing Jenga so this week, I incorporated it into language activities (e.g., have them answer something before moving a block). I loved that these boys really did play like they meant it. They put in the effort to respond correctly AND they didn't purposely knock the tower over.

At the end, when it did topple over, they helped me rebuild the tower before they left. As the boys chatted back and forth, CV randomly said, "Miss L-- and her car with the busted wheel."

I was totally LOL!! I was laughing b/c for one, BF and FBIL harp on me ALL the time about my "ghetto wheel" that I really need to get fixed. I've been driving on my full-size spare for months now, ever since the original tire went through two flats (the second one being harmed beyond repair). Secondly, I was laughing b/c this kid noticed and had to make a crack about it!

CV: Miss L-- and her car with the busted wheel.
DA: What?
Me LOL: I haven't had the time to fix it!
DA: Does she have a nice car??
CV: Yeah, it's pretty nice except for that busted wheel. She's got nice rims on all her tires except for that one.
(Me still LOL.)
I really had no good comeback. Whatta punk! (But you know I love working with them.)

No comments: