Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labor (Free) Day!

Today marks the end of my labor-free month-long summer vacation. I got a full-night's rest (quite a rarity just b/c I've always had trouble sleeping) and then quickly got ready for my bro and FBIL to pick me up.

Around 11 AM, we got to Santa Monica and parked at the mall. We walked over to the Coffee Bean to get a much anticipated caffeine fix before heading out to the boardwalk. Along our walk, we passed by the Venice Freakshow, which exhibited a two-headed RES turtle outside that served to entice people in. I was much more fascinated with the two-headed RES than wanting to see a 5-legged dog or 2-headed chicken so we ventured on towards Venice Beach.

We didn't walk all the way to Venice since the sun broke out and we started to feel the heat and the big crowds. I had smothered myself in SPF 50 sunblock but I could still feel the sun's rays slowly browning me. On our way back, we stopped by Sidewalk Cafe to partake in some refreshing alcoholic beverages. My bro and FBIL had a beer while I had a delicious Wider's peach cider. Let me rephrase that -- I had HALF of one (6 oz. of a 5% alcoholic beverage). Afterwards, we walked about another 10 minutes and got back to the car. By the time I got home, it was about 2 PM.

I haven't done the beach walk with my bro and FBIL in a while so this was quite a nice, fun, and relaxing way to end my summer vacation. The weather was perfect and there were lots of sights (and people) to see. I've just been chilling and enjoying the rest of the afternoon doing nothing strenuous or stressful. I even indulged in a half a big bag of peanut M&Ms.

Tomorrow marks the first day of my second year of work as an SLP! The kiddos don't start until Wednesday so I'll have a day to prepare and hopefully get situated in the new office/room that I was told I would be moved to! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love when Labor Day is a labor-free day! Yay for a nice and relaxing last day of vacation!