Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Picture Day

Today was picture day at my school (work site)! As unphotogenic as I am, I was determined to get a good shot in this year. Last year, the yearbook staff had to track me down on several occasions to try to get a shot. The shot they finally got was totally unplanned. I was in the middle of therapy so my two students scooted to the side as the yearbook staffmember took my picture.

I told BF last night that today was my picture day so he helped me pick out a pink shirt (since white doesn't photograph well for a yearbook, according to Mr. Print Man). He was even sweet enough to iron it for me...b/c I totally suck at ironing (and hate it, as much as I like the way a crisp shirt looks). The SDC-BSC teacher and I got our glamor shots in during 3rd period. The craziest thing is that the students that we cut in front of had been waiting since first period! As we were leaving, we heard some students say, "Hey, those teachers cut to the front of the line!" That was hilariously awesome.

BF and I also surprised each other for dinner. I had gotten Subway for him on my way home, but before I told him, he asked if I wanted to go to Souplantation! That is one of my favorite places to eat! Since he had Subway to look forward to, we agreed on dinner plans. He would drive us to the shopping center and station me at Souplantation while he shopped in the sporting store. That was perfect b/c I hate going with him b/c he takes forever! On the other hand, he hates going with me to Souplantation b/c 1) he doesn't like the place and 2) I eat even longer at buffets (average of 1.5 hours). So I happily ate a lot and at my own slow speed while he happily shopped at his own slow speed. We met up at the perfect time. :)

Yummers! That was a nice, surprise mid-week treat during this exhausting, stressful full first week of little kid school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very nice evening! And I hate to iron too! I am all about mixing downey and water and making my own dewrinkler. How nice of BF to iron for you! I can't wait to see your pictures - I better get one for my wallet!