Monday, September 22, 2008

A True Professional

For the first time ever, I purchased a book not because it is a class requirement, but because I want to further develop myself as a professional. That statement in itself is soOooO nerdy, let alone the reason why I bought it!

What am I turning into!

I just ordered "The Verbal Behavior Approach: How to Teach Children with Autism and Related Disorders" by Mary Barbera and Tracy Rasmussen. (True, I'm working on a group project on verbal behavior, but that's whatever. The info I need is right in my textbook.)

On the other hand, I put my two textbooks for my last BCBA class on half.com for sale already. "Already" as in I didn't even get past the first two chapters of both books. In "consulting" with my group members, I became convinced that I didn't have to read the books (since we're not being tested both in class and on the board exam).

I wish I was a real book-worm. Somehow, that gene skipped me.

No comments: