Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dinner Double Date


Today really felt like it would be a long day. I slept around 11 last night and then woke up at 4 AM, unable to sleep (again). Ugh. Getting 7.5 - 8 hours of sleep is so difficult. BF had worked all night so he was awake when I woke up. We both lamented about how tired we were, but the difference is that I had the time to sleep and I couldn't.

I started the day early so that by the time the first bell rang, I was desperate for more coffee and stopped by the 320 classroom. Thankfully, they brewed a delicious pot of coffee so I had an additional half a cup. Thursdays are almost back to back sessions with SDC-Basic Skill and severe autism students. The bumming part is that I'm once again room-less two days out of the week, when my co-worker is here to help w/ the caseload. It's a fair trade-off. I'll be seeing my Tues/Fri kiddos in the 320 class.

After work, I went to two markets to pick up groceries for our fabulous dinner double date. Last week, BF suggested that we have Bro and FBIL over for dinner so I said, "How about for the premier of "My Name is Earl'"? We all thought that was a wonderful idea (as we've all recently gotten hooked on the show). They arrived at 7, when BF had just finished grilling zucchinis, mushrooms, and rib-eye steaks garnished with onions and mushrooms. He also made a special Jack Daniel's steak sauce to go with it. I made his Lola's recipe of home-made "potato chips" and mixed a Parisian salad. To top it off, we had Stellas. MmMM...I have been wanting a Stella for a while. (I bought a case from Costco yesterday and as I stocked the fridge, I told BF, "I can't wait to have a Stella tomorrow!" I probably had maybe 3/4 of a bottle though.) For dessert, we had churros and ice-cream! LOL (Costco Churros have become BF and my latest favorite dessert.)

We chatted, laughed, and ate a delicious dinner and enjoyed the season premiere episodes of My Name is Earl. I love it when they come over for dinner; I don't know why we don't do it more often!

No comments: