Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Free Ice-Cream Day!

And I totally missed it! :(

Today, I had my last class of my 2nd course of my BCBA program so no free Ben & Jerry's for me.

My sessions with the kiddos went much smoother than I planned today. Thankfully, DA and CV were their behaved selves. CV did pull his usual, "Maestra, I'm hungry; do you have anything to eat?" but since he hasn't asked in a while, I thought I'd offer/introduce dried apricots to them. :D I figured it'd be okay since it's something relatively healthy (and I asked beforehand if they had any food allergies). They tried a few and DA said, "they're cool." Speaking of cool, they instructed me to watch "Rob and Big" on MTV. I know we have cable, but I don't know if we have MTV. Besides, do they think that I have the same interests as them, even though I'm more than twice their age and of a completely different ethnicity and gender? Who knows -- maybe MTV can bridge the gaps.

Oh, the sad news is that CV is pretty sure that he will move out of state after this school year. Actually, it is sad for me (and I am panicking about who I can group DA with next year! They work so well together!). He, on the other hand, is pretty excited b/c he heard that in the state that he will move to, they have snowed in days where students get to miss school due to weather conditions. Haha. I guess I'd look forward to that, too!

By lunch time, I was on the verge of my typical sleep-deprived final exam meltdown right before lunch, but then I went to my car and took a 25 minute catnap and woke up quite refreshed. I stayed up until 1 last night studying but after my lunchtime catnap, I pretty much entered the que sera sera phase.

Class was looong and exhausting but ended on a good note. (Oh, the instructor commented that only one person got a 100% on last week's quiz...and then he looked at yours truly! That would be twice this course that I was the only one that got a 100. :) Which is great news b/c this quarter, the quizzes are a lot more challenging/hard but more comparable to the Board exam...not like last quarter's silliness. Okay, I'm done bragging.) We will miss this instructor; the good news is that we may have him for our last or second to the last class.

Which reminds me, I need to pay for tuition again like right now. I'm drained.Hopefully tomorrow, I'll get 31 cent ice-cream at Baskin-Robbins after I help bro fix up their new place some more. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We totally missed free ice cream day too! And all weekend long we saw 100 B & J's and kept saying, "Don't forget, on Tuesday we have to get our free ice cream." Then Tuesday night at 8:40pm I exclaimed, "WE FORGET TO GET THE ICE CREAM!" Sad! Maybe next year!

Congrats on another successful quarter!