Sunday, April 27, 2008

Demolition Day

Today was demolition day at future Chez B&B. I put in a lot of effort in managing my time and studies so that I could spare a few hours to help Bro and FBIL. (I was quite proud of how I did!)

On Friday night, I was 50% behind schedule. I only finished one journal article summary before I crashed. By Saturday noon, I finished the second one and hit the gym, which was also on my Saturday schedule. :) When I got back, I checked the mail and opened up a very thoughtful "good luck" card from BSILF! It also included a checklist of all of my studies and assignments to do by Tuesday. I was able to check off 3 out of the 6 items! Unfortunately, my own list had 7 items...since I've been putting off taking notes and reviewing the chapter that I was too sick to take a quiz on. However, I was determined to finish my reading and note-taking for the two chapters by Saturday night. I barely made it, but I did. Phew.

This morning, I went to church and then was so proud of myself for making it over to Bro's to help him out for a few hours. I was really reaching into my inner zen garden...I do NOT function well in weather that is 90 degrees or above! Again, I was determined to keep my whining to a minimum and help out. As long as I didn't faint, I was capable of working. :)

I helped bro wash and clean the outside first floor windows (and kind of learned a new thing -- using ammonium for window cleaning. I know some windex has ammonium, but I didn't think of using a water and ammonium mixture for glass). (BF says I got a little dark, too. Too bad I wasn't wearing shorts!)

Around noon, the new tenants arrived to sign papers. I really enjoyed meeting them. Although they could never replace dear Rose, I could definitely see a good friendship developing between the neighbors/landlord & tenant.

After they left, bro and I painted the main room of their unit while the two contractors continued to work on the downstairs unit. They had already demolished the downstairs kitchen counter and began working on both bro's and downstairs units' bathrooms. I definitely can't wait to see both finished products! Too bad bro couldn't get on a reality show like Flip My Triplex. That would have been soOOoOOo cool.

Again -- I can't wait for them to get a doggy! (Maybe by the time they get a doggy, I will have read Karen Pryor's "Don't Shoot the Dog" -- ABA principles on behavior training...namely, doggy training.)

(Would you believe I am already creating a Summer To-Do list?)

I felt so bad leaving bro around 3, but I really had to come home and study. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten much studying done. I came home and took yet another nap (been taking a lot of them during the past 2 weeks! What's up with that?), woke up to have dinner, and then took about 30 minutes to get two concepts into my head.

Let's hope I can get a lot more in before I crash.

No comments: