Saturday, April 19, 2008

Moving Sale

Earlier this month, Bro closed escrow on a triplex! It has been a while since he started and finally, this wonderful opportunity surfaced. It is a cute fixer-upper...and I have no doubt that Bro and FBIL will work their magic and their charm. I can't wait to see them settled in. Woohoo! :) (That means that I am one-step closer to having a doggie in my immediate family!)

Since they intend to move by the beginning of way, they held a moving sale today. I got to their place around 8 and Tita Dina arrived soon after. We, along with Rose, were the moving sale keepers until about 1, when we called it quits, as the weather changed from freezing at 9 AM to blazing hot at noon. I managed to sell about $16 worth of my stuff (3 x $5 for a table, two-piece top set, foot spa, and purse for $1). I also 'donated' a bunch of stuff to be distributed through Tita Dina (she kept two knock-off scarves, will give two knock-off purses to The Girls, and two dresses to high school girls who do not have the money to purchase dresses for their school dances).

Sadly, I could have broke the $20 mark, but I totally got juked for $5! The girl that bought my table for $5 played me! She also took two of my lamps and claimed she paid Tita Dina for them. I was so mad, but what was I to do? She insisted that she did and Tita Dina insisted that she didn't. I let her go. :( I was even more irked since I had just spent half an hour with her as she got a free SLP consultation re: her supposed problem (which made me feel incompetent b/c I really didn't see her "problem" as much of a problem. Nor did her ENT.). I kept telling her that her thing is not my area of expertise, too.

Anywho, I should let bygones be bygones I suppose. Unless the girl contacts me (she asked for my contact info so I gave her my company work address...which I barely check).

After that, we headed over to the triplex to do some work. Only, I didn't do much work. I just moved 8 paint cans up 2 flights of stairs (4 trips), slothed around while the cool breeze relaxed me, talked my bro's ears off as usual, and then Tita Dina and FBIL came back with delicious Mexican food from a local joint. I had 'sope' for the first time and a few bites of una torta. All very delicious! I left when Bro and FBIL had just begun painting the downstairs unit's main room.

I was so sleepy (residual effects from yesterday, plus stayed up until 2 reading textbook) that I came home and took a 2 hour nap. The good news is that I only have 5 more pages of text to read!

No comments: