Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

He is risen and alive!

Even though I've been going to church a lot more regularly since maybe mid-summer of last year, I still have not made the "move" to become a member. Today, I invited my brother to attend Easter service with me. I've been plotting it for a month, but for whatever lame reason, I've been nervous about asking him (mainly b/c I really want him to come with me and am afraid he will reject my invite. Do I sound like one of those crazy religious nuts who really wants to convert someone?). When I invited him, he jokingly said, "It better be entertaining." I was secretly jumping for joy when he agreed and especially happy that he enjoyed the message and service. (He also did find the service entertaining.)

Afterwards, we went home and I baked Marie Callendar's corn bread and my "specialty," Cocoa Krispies treats. Shortly after, I headed to Tita Dina's house for her annual Easter get-together. I had such a blast as always. I remembered when I first started going over. All of the kids were little and shorter than me. Today, I couldn't believe how fast all the kids have "suddenly" grown. One recently graduated from college! (I remember when Bro and FBIL were helping her pack for college!)

The best part of the gathering is that there is so much love in the atmosphere. Everyone present is considered family. :) Every year, the get-together has some new faces present and some old faces missing...so even though some of the kids weren't there (i.e., FBIL's nephew), we had a special guest! BSILF came!

I had completely blanked on inviting BSILF, so thankfully, Bro did! Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), she was working so she was only a few minutes away! We were all extremely excited to see her, me especially! We were bummed that BSILF's hubby couldn't make it ("he is such a swell guy.") but definitely glad that she was present. BF was absent, too, since he was working on the Top of the Swirl project.*

*Did I ever mention that he will get free fro-yo for life?? Too bad he doesn't even like fro-yo/Pinkberry!!

We talked and ate until the sun set. It was truly a wonderful holiday surrounded by loved ones.

No comments: