Thursday, March 27, 2008

Celebrity Sighting at Costco!



Even more of a reason for me to love Costco! I had a close celebrity encounter!

I visited the Hawthorne Costco after work today and was not only amazed that it was pretty empty, but I passed within a few yards of Luke Walton!!

I couldn't help but keep looking at him -- what can I say, I am easily star struck. I was pushing my cart along one of the main aisles when he came out of a side aisle with a young woman sitting in his cart with her legs dangling over. There was a camera guy recording, who asked the lady next to me, "Do you want to be on TV?" Since the camera man obviously didn't find me TV quality, I pushed my cart around but turned around to catch another glimpse of this Lakers star. I think he looked at me and smiled. ("Think" is the key word. Or more like, I hope/wish.)

Later on, while I was in line, he was two lines over and his buddies were around him (one was at the Costco services stand in the picture). Too bad the young woman is blocking him in my picture! I swear it's him!

I think he was suspicious of me holding my iPhone up to sneak a few pictures. Unfortunately, I am far from being paparazzi amateur so my photos suck. But seriously? Again, I think he smiled at me b/c I kept looking at him with my star-struck eyes and I'm sure I had a goofy smile.

Outside, I saw him and the woman again as they walked towards the concessions area (with the camera man following them). I wonder if they ate a yummy ice-cream bar.

I saw Luke Walton in real life! :D

No comments: