Friday, July 27, 2007

Turtle Race Training


For about 2 weeks now, I've been feeding Lil F in a separate container. She's not exactly conditioned yet (she still splooshes like crazy in her feeding corner, immediately after I've fed her), but hopefully, it'll happen sooner.

This AM, I was just about to put her in the container, when I thought I'd try something crazy. Just for funzies, I set her on the bathroom floor...and held her turtle food container right in front of her. Call it preliminary rounds for a turtle race...but she totally made the cut with flying colors! She chased the food container from the bathroom to the living/family/dining room, around the coffee table, and all the way back to the bathroom! At one point, I set the bottle on the floor, wondering WTH she'd do. She just walked up to it and stared, probably thinking, WTH mom!

Dude, she is so ready for the turtle races! Granted you can hover her food container ahead of her.

ADDENDUM: (Self-Commentary) I realize how insane all of that sounds...and just reading it makes me think I am so like my dad. Likewise, he is always up to some crazy antics. It must be in the blood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

High-sterical!!! Dude, that is an awesome story! Mark keeps promising Tanga that she gets to play on the carpet today, so I think I will see if she will chase her bag of food too! She goes bananas in her tank when we shake it before feeding her. Maybe they can race each other one day!!

Chanel said...

Did Tanga get to explore? :)

Today, Lil F knocked over her can of turtle food and then kept pushing at it. It was so funny!