Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Ladies' Nite In

I can't remember the last time I saw my 2 GFs, but I know it's been a while (especially since this is the first time I am "introducing" them on this blog). I met both GFs during orientation of freshman year at college, when we were a bunch of lost souls taking the first step towards individualization. It wasn't until a quarter later that I began developing a friendship with BGF (since we had sOoOo many classes together) and then the following year with JuneBug. After living together for ~2.5 years, we quickly developed wonderful friendships living, partying, crying, laughing, and stressing together.

Tonight, we had a glam reunion at Chez Chanel. A bottle of wine and a faux Mediterranean dinner later, we caught up on the last year until it was time for the ladies to head out. I had no idea until tonight that the three of us feel that our sophomore year (the one year that all 3 of us lived together) was the best year (a.k.a. "the funnest year"). We'll just leave it at that... ;)

It's truly amazing -- and fun -- to see how much we've gone through and to see where we're at now. More than once, GFs and I concurred that it's amazing that we are still alive (and normal). (I mean, Jungle Juice; wth is that made of?) JuneBug obtained her MPH after we lived together post-college, and now she has completed her 2nd year of med school. BGF, hubby, and 2 doggies are moving into their new house in September, and when the time is right, they will have children. As for BF and I, (depending on 100 conditions and factors) we have big plans for next year...!

No comments: