Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another Movie Date

Today, I met my movie-watching quota for the rest of this year and next. BF and I went to the movie theater again! That's twice in less than 4 weeks! This must be another blatant sign that I am (almost) no longer a student. Yay!

At noon on the dot, we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory overlooking the Marina (beautiful day), and then we watched The Simpsons Movie. (I had no idea that the 7-11 just down the street from us on Venice was only one of 11 across the that was transformed into a Kwik-E-Mart!) BF has been a huge Simpsons fan from the get-go so he was intent on "splurging" and watching it in the the theater. (Is it sad that this is what we consider splurging?)

Afterwards, we hit Best Buy and got 4 DVDs. I can't stand zombie flicks, but somehow, Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorites. Besides, Simon Pegg's stuff is hysterical. So we had to get Hot Fuzz the day it came out. :D

Random: we continued our Icee/Slurpie/Slushee frenzy by having an Icee during the Simpsons Movie and a coke Slurpie after Best Buy.

2 comments:

Mark Reisch said...

Sounds like a fund day. Isn't it nice to be human again =)

Chanel said...

It was a wonderfully fun day!
It's like I'm not a student any more (even though technically I am...but only for 2 more weeks!).