Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4th of July

I've been asking BF about 4th of July plans since last week b/c I love BBQs and fireworks. Since we just got a grill, he said, "no promises, but if anything, we can just grill here." So at first, the party was just gonna be us two, but then we invited a few homies (who invited a few homies). Turns out that today was the biggest gathering at Chez C&C, yet! :)

We were so delighted that everyone showed up. First was FBM and BF's Godson, then bro, Rose, & Lynnielove, then bro's friend and adorable 2 y/o son, and last but definitely not least, BSILF and hubby! They stayed the latest, which was nice; after a frenzied day of hosting, it was relaxing to end on an intimate setting with great friends. It was a great day of laughter and yummy food. I even grilled mushrooms, white corn, and drumsticks for nostalgic and appetite-satiating purposes.

By the end of the evening, BF and I were pooped! We ended our evening doing our typical 4th of July viewing of fireworks from our balcony. Unlike last year, we barely caught sight of 3 firework fanfares (vs. 5 last year). There is something nice and peaceful in us two viewing fireworks from the privacy of our balcony...and then walking 3 steps to get back home.

All in all, my bro said, "you pulled off a very successful BBQ." I could definitely get used to hosting more parties/BBQs. :) I've been watching a lot of TV and those s'more commercials are definitely taking a toll on me...!

1 comment:

Mark Reisch said...

Tons of fun! Thanks for the good times!