Tuesday, April 25, 2006

All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom

I forgot to mention that the BF fixed one of Hello Kitty’s broken whiskers! Yay! Unfortunately, he gave her quite a deep puncture (stuffed the rest of the loose whisker in) and filled it w/ Krazy glue. I was hoping he was kidding about the glue, but he wasn’t.

Today, I shared with myself an “inside” joke. Not that I’m a loner at school. Well, I know TK and RR will like this story. I was at the department front desk when a long-time clinic client w/ severe aphasia, saw me and said, “Chanel?” I was like, excuse me? Is he calling me Chanel? Haha!

No, he was asking if my outfit was by Chanel. =P

More like poor-man’s Chanel fashion. I was wearing a funky, er-uh – chic muted lime-greenish mock turtleneck under a black V-neck with black pants and shoes. *shrug* Well shoot, call it what you want, sweetheart.

This guy’s story is crazy sad. He used to be a make-up artist. One day, he fell victim to a really, really severe gay bashing (is there a PC way to say that? Homosexual assault?)…especially in the head. Hence the aphasia.

He’s such a doll and a real crack-up, though. Whenever he sees me, he does the booty-hop (is he trying to tell me something about my unproportionally large heinie?). Whenever I see him do that, I have Wreckx-N-Effect "Rump Shaker" playing like a mental soundtrack.

I was dressed up in faux Chanel (or should I call it, Shanel?) today because I had a diagnostics session. I got to evaluate a potential client who is a 14 y/o with Down Syndrome. Very fascinating and awesome experience.

Now I gotta go think of what I’m gonna do with my 2 kiddos for tomorrow. These 2 kiddos of mine have stressed me out so much this quarter that I've almost lost sight of why I'm in this field. But being around the little DS guy today really put me back in the right frame of mind.

Still, if K1 starts actin' a fewl tmrw, and Mom asks if she wants to go home, I am mos def not putting up a fight this time. Every minute counts when you have to study for a big, fat midterm in Dept Chairperson’s class.

No comments: