Friday, May 01, 2009

Record Week

This week was a record week of 7 IEPs in 4 days. My last IEP started at 2 PM today. Thankfully, it ended around 3:30; I was anticipating it ending around 6, like last year. It's still such a foreign idea that my speech-only IEPs could be so much more stressful than my ones for severe autism. You would think it would be the other way around...

In reflecting back on this week, I've realized a lot. Sometimes I forget that there will be many times/cases when I need to humbly accept that my work will go unrecognized, and it's okay.

I also continue to realize that it's so wonderful to be married. After today's meeting, Mr. B. (SDC Teacher-friend) asked me again, "So, how's married life?" And my whole composure completely changed. My face suddenly lit up with the goofiest smile, and I said, "It's been such a stressful and exhausting week...but the best part of everyday was going home to my husband." No matter how stressful our work hours are, at the end of the day, being with each other and making each other laugh is restorative therapy that prepares us for the next day.

Still, thank God it's the weekend!

No comments: