Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday R & R

Since Hubby went to visit his friends this afternoon, I went to Manhattan Beach after work to transition smoothly into the weekend. :)

MB is probably one of the nicest beaches around (vs. Venice and even Santa Monica). I've gone there on several occasions during my lunches, just to get away and momentarily de-stress. It definitely has a different feel for several reasons. One thing's for sure; it's quite an upscale area. I am so in awe of the beach front houses; each one with its own style and personality. I would take pictures, but I don't want anyone suing me...There is one beach front house in particular where the downstairs room facing the beach is literally like a show room. There's a treadmill, plasma TV, work desk with several flat monitor screens, lounge area...and a nice, shiny red Harley Davidson right in front of the window. It's like straight out of a magazine or something.

Anywho, I walked for an hour along the boardwalk, amongst a ton of mommys and babies and owners with their adorable doggies. Afterward, I headed off to Bro's to visit them and play with Maxwell. I gave him his new toy and he loved it! Since Bro and FBIL were enjoying a lazy afternoon with libations, I joined the party and imbibed with a Stella. Afterward, we went for a quick walk to bring Maxwell out. We enjoyed a salad for dinner...and then donuts for dessert before I headed back home.

Great way to kick off the weekend, might I add.

No comments: