Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dog Walker

I called my bro up around lunch time to see how he was doing. Unfortunately, he's been really sick since yesterday so I asked if he needed anything since I was stopping by the market. He asked me to pick up some stuff...and to come by to play with Max since he hasn't been able to all day.

When I got to my bro's, Max and Ella, their downstair neighbor's adorable doggy, greeted me in the backyard. All 3 of us when upstairs to find my bro sprawled on the couch in his PJs. Poor guy! He was so sick so I just made sparse conversation, played with Maxwell, and then washed their dishes despite my brother telling me like 5 times that I don't need to. (For some reason, a sinkful of dishes drive me nuts. I think it's largely due to my Gramma's upbringing.) By the time I finished, my bro had fallen asleep again so I took Maxwell on my first walk alone with him. We didn't get too far b/c I started getting paranoid (since I was heading south on Hauser instead of north, towards the "safer" area). We got about halfway down the long block when Max did his business. Good thing I had brought two baggies...and folks, there we have it -- my first pooper scooper experience. To top it off, Max does this kicking thing after he pees and poops so he started kicking his poop everywhere! I had to jump to get out of the way! Gross!

Aside from that incident, Max is so cute. Hubby bought Max a mallard doggy toy that he can't wait to get his paws on. (Bro didn't want me to give it to him today b/c he has "too many" toys...like two.) I love Max.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Fun! Tell Bro we are hoping he is better now! You are a good Auntie!