Monday, April 20, 2009

Senioritis

Husband recently "diagnosed" me with senioritis again. On Saturday, we visited Bro's. As Bro and Husband started building a grill that us newlyweds gave as a "thank you for being the best brothers(-in-law)" gift, FBIL and I went to the market to pick up some fixin's for the new grill. When we got back, their neighbor was with them, and I asked her how school was going. We got to talking about graduate school and then Husband contributed with, "Yeah, she always gets senioritis in the last stretch."

Last night, I totally didn't want to work on reports and IEPs. Husband said, "You totally have senioritis." He's probably right. It's the last stretch of time before I'm done with this assignment...and even though almost all of the tough cases have past, I'm finding it so hard to stay amped for the final run.

I think it's totally psychological though. I.e., this morning, I went to my SDC-Autism site because we had an IEP. The teacher totally blanked on the IEP meeting so during the half hour before, I helped him by cranking out 3 academic goals and finishing both of mine. Okay, so why is it so hard for me to come up with goals for my own kids?? I've been sitting here for like an hour, fretting over what to propose.

Actually, I realized what the problem is with this case. I really don't know the student and how high-profile the case is. It's the unknown that makes this assignment so difficult. For this case, I didn't get enough time to assess the kid who is attending a private school, so the goals that I propose really put my professional assessment skills to the test. Ugh. I'm too tired and lazy to put my skills to the test....senioritis.

No comments: