Monday, April 27, 2009

Not Senioritis

...Someone inadvertently reminded me that it's called Spring Fever. It's when us public educators and health care professionals in the public schools are all burnt out and the kids feel our pain -- they are just as ready for Summer Break, too.

I can't say I have much time this week to kick back, though. By the end of this week, I will have participated/held 7 IEPs in 4 days. Thank goodness I had a really awesome weekend that kicked off this week.

On Saturday, my brother and FBIL hosted a party at their place to announce our getting married/semi-elopement. Many wonderful friends came by -- including those whom we hardly see! The Reunion Award went out to our fabulous friends, John and Kasra -- my bro and I haven't seen them since we first met in 2003! Some of my grad school classmates showed up, including one I met from post-bacc who now has an adorable baby girl. Dear BSILF and Lukey made a fabulous guest appearance, as well. It was sOoOOoO much fun to hang out with our friends.

Unfortunately, we didn't take pictures. The featured item was a bar that Bro picked up for $10 and Lulu dressed up real chic. To complete it, Hubby bartended the whole time. It was awesome! Amongst other cocktails, Hubby made some delicious Surfer on Acid of which I had 2 of and didn't get all woozy. We had quite a yummy BBQ and spread, including Death Dogs! That was our big featured menu item. Ironically, Hubby and I didn't even partake in any after all our hype.

By night-time, I was so exhausted! Earlier in the week, I asked Hubby how old he felt and he said 27. He asked me in return and I said, "I feel like I'm 25." I might have to say I actually feel like 49...It was only like 10 PM or something when I crashed on the sofa while our last two guests, Double D, chatted it up with Hubby!

No comments: